10:00 am - 11:30 am Getting Started with Constant Contact! Free Seminar
- Select an appropriate email template and create an email (…from scratch!)
- Brand an email to match your website
- Add images and links
- Import contacts
- Segment lists
- Review and analyze reports
- Bonus session to learn how to use MarketMeSuite to automate your communications across social media channels
(Thursday) 10:00 am - 11:30 am
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm WordPress Bootcamp
- Ready to get started with WordPress for their website or blog
- Considering making the switch from their current website platform to WordPress
The Session Includes a Guided Demonstration as well as “Hands On” Portions
In this Bootcamp, You’ll Learn:
- Why WordPress is so popular for business websites & blogs
- How to register a domain & set up web hosting
- How to install WordPress in five minutes
- How to change permalinks
- How to choose the right theme
- How to install a theme
- How to update & manage your blog or website (adding posts, pages, images, videos, etc.)
- Top 10 Must Have Plugins
- Learn the difference between Plugins and Widgets
- User roles
- Maintenance & security
- Helpful WordPress Resources & Tips
- How to measure & track results with Analytics
Please bring your laptops for hands on learning. Ipads and tablets should not be used.
Social Punch Marketing
(Thursday) 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
10:00 am - 12:00 pm Get Published (Free!) Using Amazon’s CreateSpace
A Hands-On Workshop for Writers, Therapists
with Sylvia Cary, LMFT
- SEE the entire self-publishing process ON-SCREEN so you’ll know how to DIY at home using Amazon’s publishing company, CreateSpace.
- Learn how to set up your book for publication: Formatting, fonts, trim size, personal imprint, page numbers, headers, footers, cover, spine, ISBN, barcode.
- Learn how to upload your book and cover to CreateSpace, make corrections, order paper PROOF copy for final approval, then arrange for FREE Kindle Ebook version.
Sat. Sept. 20, 2014, 10 am – noon, OfficeSlice, 15165 Ventura Blvd., Suite 245, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403. $60 includes free parking, coffee/tea snacks.
Contact: Sylvia Cary, LMFT 818.999.5336, Sylvia@sylviacary.com
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Learn more about this event Learn More
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm Divas & Digital: How to Market to Women Entrepreneurs in Any Business
Los Angeles is home to a burgeoning group of women entrepreneurs, startups and new businesses. What are the best avenues to engage with this powerful group? According to the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) 92% of female entrepreneurs agree that the stage is set this year for more women to launch their own business. In the same study, 85% of female entrepreneurs label social media as important for business growth.
Join experts in their fields on how they found the best avenues to attract and engage with women entrepreneurs hosted by OfficeSlice, a Valley coworking space, whose founder is part of the women entrepreneur set! This interactive panel discussion will cover topics such as how to engage the women entrepreneur community using social media, the impact of technology on participation and consumerism, and how to manage your organization’s growing brand identity via the various platforms.
Panelists include a cross-sector of marketing & social media experts: Alice Fuller, Sheer Social founder, social media expert on Twitter and Google+ Apryl Delancey, Social Age Media, founder, social media geared towards millennials Nick Cavarra, SocialPunch Marketing, founder, social media & marketing, expert on LinkedIn, Laura Wallis, Founder, Web Navigator Gal, on a mission to help busy entrepreneurs create a steady stream of ideal clients. The session will be moderated by Judy Santos, founder of OfficeSlice and the Business Builder Program.
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm OfficeSlice Brain Trust
Meeting one Friday of every month, OfficeSlice Brain Trust is a new benefit to connect with other members, learn some useful business tips and techniques, and receive valuable advice on resolving current business challenges.
Bring two business tips that have helped you succeed over the past month to share with the community. Bring two business challenges that you are facing and get valuable advice from fellow members!
Our first meeting will be Friday September 26 from Noon to 1:30 p.m. This Brain Trust will be hosted by The Ackert Advisory, a light lunch will be served. Each meeting will be structured and timed, so not a minute is wasted and you will walk away with new connections, new business tips and challenges resolved!
Another great benefit available to you as a member of OfficeSlice! Not sure what all of your benefits are? Click here or call us at (818) 446-6125!
(Friday) 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
10:00 am - 1:00 pm Save Your Photos Day with SoCal Photo Solutions
Save Your Photos Day 2014 is an International event for those who appreciate that every life is a story worth preserving and sharing. Come meet Nancy and Gary McFarland of SoCal Photo Solutions. They will discuss all of the advances in photo organizing, digitizing and preserving. Presentations and hands-on workshops will provide education and tools for collecting, organizing and safe guarding photos, documents, videos and other memorabilia. This is an important event, especially since Southern California is a center for fires, floods and earthquakes.
- Organizing & Preserving
- Backing Up your Photos to the Cloud
- Writing Your Family Stories
- Saving Your Home Movies
Bonus: Have up to 50 free scans of your loose photos (under 5×7). Discounts on additional scanning will be available. Call or email Nancy at (818) 427-6102 , firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your time.
Nancy McFarland, SoCal Photo Solutions
Interested in a table display for your business? Contact OfficeSlice at (818) 446-6125 or email email@example.com
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
11:30 am - 12:30 pm Lunch 'N' Learn: How to Get More Publicity for Your Business for FREE!
(Tuesday) 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
2 - 3
10:00 am - 3 4:00 pm Social Media Success Summit
What: Maximize your online presence, increase your virtual network and learn
tangible social media skills that can help you succeed. Bring your laptop!
Who: Professionals, entrepreneurs, job seekers, small business owners, freelancers, recent
high school and college graduates
When: Friday October 3, 2014 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. & Saturday October 4 2014, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m
Where: OfficeSlice, 15165 Ventura Blvd., Suite 245 Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Apryl DeLancey, President of Social Age Media and Alice Fuller, Principal Consultant of Sheer Social will lead this two day hands-on workshop
- Learn about the different social media platforms and determine which are right for you
- Create the one account that everyone should have no matter what your industry
- Determine whether to keep or enhance accounts that you already have
- Learn how to schedule your posts/content to save you time and effort
- Find out what type of content to post in order to achieve your goals (More clients? Employment opportunity? Position yourself as a thought leader?)
- How to increase your visibility online so recruiters and potential clients can find you
- How to create a winning profile on LinkedIn
- Who you need to follow and who you want following you
- Tools to monitor your online reputation
2 (Thursday) 10:00 am - 3 (Friday) 4:00 pm
9:30 am - 12:00 pm eBook 101: 6 Simple Steps Toward Completing Your eBook
Come join book coach Robin Kellogg, Author Your Book Today for this special ebook seminar.
Discover what a business ebook should include, the proper use of photos and diagrams, the importance of an author or company bio, and much more.
- Expertise with your existing and potential clients
- Business credibility as the go-to person in your industry
- Organizational database
- Opportunities to connect with new clients
- Knowledge base
This is a 2.5 hour seminar. Sign up before September 19 and save $20.00!
Robin Kellogg Associates
(Saturday) 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
9:00 am - 5:00 pm Women in Leadership
Women in Leadership
balanced. prosperous. you.
Friday October 17 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday October 18 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You are a leader in your life, your family and your company. THAT makes you the CEO! Are you enjoying and experiencing all the benefits that come with leadership? Do money worries keep you up at night? Are you bewildered at how to become a more effective leader at home and at work? What does it really mean to be a CEO and how can it work for you?
Join Camille Leon, Founder and Executive Director of the Holistic Chamber of Commerce, and Judy Santos, Founder of OfficeSlice and the Business Builder Program, for this special leadership workshop to be held at OfficeSlice. Learn tips, tools and techniques that actually work in the real world. Join us Friday night for the kickoff celebration.
Take advantage of Member price and Early Bird. Click here to register.
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm