17 - 20
6:00 pm - 20 9:00 pm Build a Wordpress Website - 4 Part Class
Special OfficeSlice Coworking Rate $99!
Includes 1 FREE Hour of One-on-One Consultation
Future workshops at the full price of $297.
Class begins on Monday October 17 thru Thursday October 20, each evening from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Build Your Own WordPress Website In Class!
Our 4-Session WordPress Workshop is designed for anyone who wants to set up a WordPress website for their business, service, blog, or portfolio.
We start with a basic WordPress installation, customize the look and feel, and add your content, images, video and branding.
We build in advanced functionalities so your website works as a marketing platform for your business.
Register now and get 1 FREE hour of consultation after the workshop to help with customization, plugins, themes or automated processes.
By the end of our workshop, you will be able to build a WordPress website on your own.
Following This Workshop You Will Be Able To:
- Create a WordPress website.
- Map your site to maximize for the Search Engines.
- Navigate a WordPress dashboard and understand posts, pages, menus, widgets, users and themes.
- Manage, update and improve your WordPress website.
- Use WordPress to manage your website content.
- Integrate social media content into your WordPress website.
- Understand WordPress themes, plugins and widgets.
- Install and customize a WordPress theme to make your website look great.
- Add a blog.
- Create SEO friendly content.
- Add SEO to each page and post.
- Harden your site to stop the hackers at the door.
Each Student Receives:
- Individual Training WordPress sites.
- Printed handouts for each session.
- PDF’s of all training materials.
How Our WordPress Workshop Works:
Each student is assigned a basic WordPress training site.
During the class you add your own content, logo, customization and themes to the training site. At the end of the workshop you will have a website that contains your content, images etc, with a new look and feel.
We keep these training sites live for 90 days after the workshop. During that time you can continue to build out your website and add more customizations. When you’re done you can move the complete website to your own host or just move the themes and customizations.
What This Workshop Is:
- Hands-on interactive workshop for the total beginner. No previous coding skills are required.
- Designed to take you step-by-step from start to finish.
- Going to help you choose the right theme for your website.
- Kept to no more than 10 students to give us time for one-to-one with each student.
- A great way to better understand WordPress and its powerful capabilities.
What This Workshop Is Not:
- You won’t be able to work on a pre-existing website in class.
- We won’t get into advanced CSS customization.
- We will not build out a fully customized website. The foundation we build in class will allow you to go further and build a fully customized website.
- We will not be building eCommerce websites.
- We don’t go over any advanced SEO principles, although we do add SEO basics to the website.
WordPress Workshop Prerequisites
In order to participate in the class, you’ll need to know how to use a computer with a web browser.
Bring your laptop computer (Mac or PC) to do the work in class. A tablet (like an Apple iPad) will NOT work for this class.
You don’t need to know any HTML, coding or programming. This workshop is designed for anyone who wants to learn how to build and manage their own website.
Build a WordPress Website: 4 Session Workshop – 6pm to 9pm
Monday, October 17 – Introduction to WordPress, mapping out your website.
Tuesday, October 18 – Add themes, plugins, add content to pages and posts, create a blog.
Wednesday, October 19 – Add functionalities, SEO, security, and maintenance.
Thursday, October 20 – Style your website with Customizer and add advanced functionalities.
17 (Monday) 6:00 pm - 20 (Thursday) 9:00 pm
10:00 am - 12:00 pm Raise Your Prices and Earn More Money
Would you like to make more money in the coming New Year? Then this class is for you!
Come in person to learn how to convert 2 cents into $40,000! This energetic and informative 90 minute workshop will help you figure out if the prices of your products or services are too low and then how and why you should raise your prices now! Learn proven ways to grow your business and earn more profits from a marketing and sales expert with more than 35 years of successful business experience. We begin with a presentation and then it is your turn – you ask the questions and get answers customized to your business situation. Ideal for both existing business owners and those just getting started.
Hosted by OfficeSlice and Presented with SBDC College of the Canyons
Instructor: Ben Tenn
For more information please contact: Amber Lopez
(Tuesday) 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Holiday Marketing + Wine Tasting
How to Have Your Best Holiday Season Ever!
Drive new customers to your door with a great promotion.
Holiday spending is higher than any other time of year – shouldn’t they be spending with you? Do not miss out on your piece of the holiday pie! Let us show you how to influence your potential customers’ purchases by making an offer they can’t resist. During this session, you’ll learn how to :
- select just the right offer for your ideal audience
- create a quick and effective promotional plan
- design an offer that stands out, especially on mobile
- reach new customers and spread the word using social media
- keep the holiday momentum going through the new year
Hosted by OfficeSlice and Workshop Presented by:
(Wednesday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm